- What Statistics Say About Anabolic Steroids Use in Professional Sports?
- Benefits of 8 Weeks Stack of Testosterone Enanthate & Dianabol For Powerlifter
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: Things To Know About Steroids Before Using Them.
- Ways to Speed Up Muscle Building Process
- Can I Make Good Gains with a Winstrol and Anadrol Stack?
- Why Harm Reduction is a Nightmare for Anti-Doping Crusaders
- Anavar – Cutting Cycle
- Tren Ace and Test Prop cycle
- How to Boost Testosterone Level In Natural Way
- Is Significant Muscle Gain Possible Without Steroids?
Common Street Names for Anabolic Androgenic Steroids
Anabolic androgenic steroids are often regarded as recreational drugs which is not the case at all. On the other side, many people refer to AAS as drugs while the truth is that they are more closely to “hormones” group. While anabolic steroids fall into neither categories, there is a constant trend to try to add a tag to them and by this exaggerating the real features they carry on.
We want to bring to you the most common street names or slangs for anabolic steroids in order for you to be easier to understand what synthetic hormones individuals are speaking about in informal talks. Further, in this article, you will find not only specific nicknames for each oral and injectable steroids but how they are referred in general by people who seem to understand to little about what hormones are and how they work.
What are other names for anabolic steroids?
Have you ever heard of juice, gym candy, pumpers, Andro, stackers, roids, balls and bulls, A’s, weight trainers? If not, then most probably you are a newbie to steroids. However, those with a little of experience in running steroids cycles have heard these slangs and not only ones. Created and spread mostly by anti-steroids organizations, these street names are often ridiculously exaggerated and close to insulting for many of anabolic steroids users.
Make no mistake, terms as “roids” and “juice” are in fact quite general and widely used by steroids users themselves. Just take a look on some of the most popular bodybuilding and steroids discussion forum and see that every here and there steroids are also called roids or juice. And no one seems to be offended by these ones. The core problem lies on all others that show a strong disrespect for a category of people that are equal to them: have a job, children, hobbies and overall a very decent lifestyle.
Common slangs of oral and injectable steroids
Let’s get close to what is the intent of this article - to familiarize you with the nicknames/slangs of the most popular anabolic steroids out there. Generic slang terms for different steroids are composed of the hormone name the steroid contains or/and the trade name of the popular brands.
Below you will find the most common names based on various hormones and associated brand names along with street names/slangs for each of the most popular anabolic androgenic steroids.
Street names of top oral anabolic steroids:
- Winstrol (Stanozolol), also called Winny
- Anavar (Oxandrolone), also known as Var
- Dianabol (Methandrostenolone), also known as Dbol
- Primobolan (Methenolone), also called Primo
- Halotestin (Fluoxymesterone), also referred as Halo
- Anadrol (Oxymetholone), also known as Drol
While we can add many other oral steroids to this list, the truth is that the above-mentioned are the first choice for almost all steroids across the world. Due to their ability to serve different goals, oral anabolic steroids could be just what you need. Here are some of the most important readings we totally recommend to take a look on before running an oral cycle:
Slang names for top injectable anabolic steroids:
- Test (Testosterone) and all its esters:
- Cyp ( Testosterone-Cypionate)
- Test-e (Testosterone-Enanthate)
- Test-p or Test-Prop(Testosterone-Propionate)
- Suspension (Testosterone-Suspension)
- Sust 250 (Sustanon-250)
Read here about Cypionate, Enanthate, Propionate and Suspension testosterone esters for all the details on what they are, how they work, what is the best ester to use and, what is even most important, how to successfully stack and cycle each of them.
- Tren (Trenbolone) and its esters:
- Fina (Trenbolone-Acetate), street name Tren-a
- Tren-e (Trenbolone-Enanthate)
- Parabolan (Trenbolone- Hexahydrobencylcarbonate), street name Tren-Hex
- Masteron (Drostanolone)
- Equipoise (Boldenone-Undecylenate), also called EQ
- Primobolan Depot (Methenolone), also known as Primo
- Deca-Durabolin (Nandrolone-Decanoate), also referred as Deca
- Winstrol Depot (Stanozolol), also referred as Winny. Check here the differences between oral and injectable Winstrol.
Regarding must-reads before entering injectables cycles, than we recommended to stop your attention to the first injectable steroid cycle, then find methods on running steroids safely without spending a fortune and tricks on how to detect a fake injectable and not only.
“Roids” and “juice” are common slang names for the anabolic steroids in general. Get used to these terms as you will hear them in almost any topic regarding anabolic androgenic steroids intake. You might also have heard some others, such us stackers, gym candy, pumpers, Andro, balls and bulls, A’s, weight trainers which are largely vehiculated especially by anti-steroids use web pages. Should you be offended by these? You could, but it’s important to understand that people using these slangs fail to understand the whole picture of anabolic androgenic steroids consumption.
But aside of this, each anabolic steroid carries its own street generic name mainly based on hormone it contains and/or associated brands. “Why you need to know all these street names for oral and injectable steroids?” you might ask. First of all, to make it easier for you to understand what substance someone is referring to when using Winny instead of Winstrol, Var instead of Anavar, Dbol instead of Dianabol, EQ instead of Equipoise, Primo instead of Primobolan and Deca instead of Deca-Durabolin.
If you know other slang names for various steroids do share them with us. Your opinion is always more than welcome. Also, if you would like us to write on a specific issue you might encounter when trying to cycle steroids, then let us know through the comment section below or via our contact page.