Despite the media stirring up the so-called concept of "roid rage”. Bodybuilders are innocently accused of having steroids and anger issues. The notion of having aggressive behavior is a very real possibility when running a steroid cycle. Particularly for men, having very high exogenous amounts of Testosterone or Trenbolone in your system while running a steroid cycle can be among the main culprits of mood swings and aggressive behavior.
Signs of Roid Rage
There are several giveaways when a person is suffering from roid rage. Note that this may be typical behavior of someone regardless of whether they are on steroids or not. As Mark Bell from “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” says – an asshole that starts taking steroids is just going to be a bigger asshole.
In other words, you become more of what you already are. So the signs below may not necessarily indicate that someone is on steroids, but the symptoms will certainly be more pronounced while running a cycle. The signs are as follows:
- Overaggressive behavior: It is basically one of the biggest indicators to look for in a person suffering from roid rage. There will be a noticeable difference in users post steroidal administration.
- Hostility: Persons affected with roid rage are likely to be very erratic and hostile towards others.
- Violence: People who affected by roid rage tend to resort to violent acts. They are usually not in complete control of their actions but this puts people close to the user at great risk.
- Social isolation: Users affected by roid rage become increasingly difficult to talk to as they are always aloof and maintain distance from the others.
- Sudden mood swings: Users affected by roid rage suffer from constant mood swings. They have moments of euphoria followed by periods of depression.
- Increasing anonymity: Users affected by roid rage are often likely to be secretive about his actions and refrain from family activities.
- Refrain from socializing: Users affected with roid rage are increasingly likely to avoid socializing and act abnormally around too many people.
- The tendency to get into fights: Users affected with roid rage can be very dangerous and have the tendency to get into violent physical fights.
So, what are some things you can do to help mitigate “roid rage” and prevent yourself from ending up in jail? Now the question is how to deal with someone with roid rage? I actually have my own personal issues with managing anger. While on cycle and have taken all of the steps below when it comes to anger management on steroids.
Anger Management While On Steroids
- Regulate your weekly dose of Testosterone to no more than 1,000 mg if you find yourself prone to mood swings. Aggressiveness while taking Test. 1 gram might still prove to be too much for an innately aggressive user, in which case you may even want to lower the dose down to 750 mg.
- Trenbolone is infamous for causing aggression and mood swings and avoid it if you cannot tolerate its side effects. Using a dose of 250-300 mg weekly should be tolerable for most users. But can still cause effects related to aggression. Discontinue use if it becomes a problem in your personal life.
- Be self-aware that anabolic steroids and anger issues. And do your best to control your temperament in spite of how you might be feeling emotionally.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Getting a good night’s rest is important towards one’s self of well-being. It is hard enough staying asleep when running a decent sized steroid cycle. Consider taking Melatonin to help relax and mellow out while trying to fall asleep, and don’t get too amped up after training so that you are able to fall asleep easily. If you feel sleeping problems caused by taking anabolic steroid then you must read this. Do Anabolic Steroids Keep You Awake at Night? 4 Must-Try Solutions
- STAY AWAY FROM HALOTESTIN AND CHEQUE DROPS AT ALL COSTS IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO BECOMING VIOLENT WHILE TAKING STEROIDS! Halotestin and Cheque Drops are solely taken by bodybuilders & powerlifters to boost aggression while lifting and serve no significant purpose otherwise. If you know in advance that you are prone to mood swings and aggressive behavior. Absolutely do not take Halotestin or cheque drops.
I hope this advice helps you. I really had to start controlling my temper and become more self-aware of my anger issues while running Testosterone and Trenbolone – one time, years ago, I almost got into 2 separate car accidents within 30 seconds of each other because I couldn’t focus on the road while being angry about a personal matter. Stay safe, and try to stay out of trouble while running heavier cycles!
Jail time is simply not worth the release of emotion that you are capable of controlling. Given you to know what you are signing up for when running steroids. Take your aggression out on the weights, and make some gains!