The Most Useless Exercises in Bodybuilding
The most useless exercises in bodybuilding
In bodybuilding as in other types of sports are a list of exercises that have proven to be unproductive, useless. Some of these exercises can be actively reached in the training program of many bodybuilders, and they usually have no idea about the zero rendement of such exercises.
Sometimes there are some important reasons that make them useless, but others are really that kind of exercises that have no impact on muscle growth.
So, here are some of the reasons that may influence the efficiency of an exercise on the building muscle mass:
Do not match this person in general. For example, in case of dominance of fast fibers in the muscle, performing exercises is almost useless, whereas it not lead to a visible growth of muscle mass.
Do not match the level of athlete development. It’s about the fact that most of the exercises performing in the gym do not have a practical value for bodybuilders with 1 to 3 years of experience. There are more efficient analogues of this exercise. For example, a butterfly bench press, or lifting weights to the biceps on the Scott bench are at least to variation of the core exercise that have a greater impact on muscle growth.
Set wrong goals. For example, almost all exercises performed at the gym devices do not lead to muscle growth. By exercising with bar is difficult to achieve good relief.
An one very important is not following the right technique of exercise execution. This one is very common among newbie bodybuilders.
However, there are exercises that with a probability of 95% will be completely useless (it does not mean that they do not represent any value, and sometimes their implementation is extremely efficient and appropriate in order to support, but even here they are ineffective).
Here the most important ones, that every bodybuilder should have knowledge about:
• Straightening the arms with dumbbells in the slope, as well as modifications of this exercise - straightening the arms behind the neck while standing / sitting. The load falls mainly on the triceps, but for it building you will have to perform up to several hundreds of repetitions, which is equivalent to a full-time training.
• French press standing. It is assumed that the motion is completely analogous to the traditional execution of an exercise of the same name, lying on a bench. In reality almost always the bar is pulled out due to work of the device and not the triceps.
•Lifting the bar in the slope of the reverse grip. It’s positioned as a high-performance movement in the development of the biceps, and is a compound as a exercise. In practice, it does not induce the required load not on biceps, and not on lat muscles.
• Pull of the lower unit. This is the most useless exercise for the lat muscles. It is not used even by newbies to prepare for the execution of pull-ups. By the angle of the load it can be classified as an intermediate position between pull-ups (or upper thrust block) and lift of the bar in the slope position.
•Bar lifting for biceps from wide and narrow grip. It is rarely used by professional athletes for driving respectively the inner and outer surfaces of the biceps. Almost all coaches and athletes consider it a completely useless exercise for biceps.
•Jumps with a barbell on your shoulders. The purpose is unknown, the effectiveness is practically zero. It is interesting only in the context of the additional load in a very limited number of trainers and sports equipment.
•Leg lifts while sitting on a bench in the press. Sometimes it is performed as the final training exercise in the press. His apparent futility, if only because the muscles grow most intensively with the full range of motion, which is impossible in principle.
•Slopes with dumbbells in hands has almost no effect on the state of oblique muscles laterally, on the development of which is directed.
Conventionally, useless exercises include the following:
• Concentrated lifting dumbbells for biceps. Despite is known as one of the favorite exercise of Arnold Schwarzenegger, for the most bodybuilders it is useless because it requires good training, working with heavy weights, effectively combined with other movements for biceps.
• Strengthening of arms at the device with no other simulator exercises for triceps muscles (bench presses, push-ups on the uneven bars);lunges forward, including those with additional weighting.
Pay attention to fact that any exercise becomes unproductive if it is performed incorrectly or incompletely. For example, many newbies when performing bench press from laying position do not bring the bar to the chest, freezing at a distance of 5-7 cm, which reduces the efficiency of one of the most useful exercises by half immediately!