1. Use compound lifts: Utilizing multi-joint movements such as bench presses, pull-ups, rows, shoulder presses, squats and leg presses in your routines will ensure you are hitting more than one muscle with maximum weight. This will help you become efficient in the gym.
2. Rest between one to two minutes between sets: This will allow you to maximize not only your time but also the pump by keeping your muscles filled with blood and properly warm during the workout.
3. Use a weight you can handle: Be sure you are using a weight you have control of. Do not load the bar with so much weight that your training partner is helping on the first rep.
4. Use proper form: Make sure to use good form for each lift not only for safety but for function of your training. If you just throw the weights around you will not target the specific muscle.
5. For the majority of the time use a rep range of 6 to 12: This is the range typically used if muscle mass is what you are after, but strength will come also.
6. Try low reps occasionally: Every now and then try a rep range of 4 to 6 or maybe even throw some singles, doubles and triples in there to mix things up. But remember to use good form.
7. Try high reps occasionally: High reps can sometimes kick-start a lagging body part. Maybe try a high rep set or two at the end of a series of sets. Go as high as 20, 30, or even 50!
8. Train more frequently: For about four weeks or so train each body part twice per week instead of the usual once. You may need to reduce the volume a little but the change will be welcomed.
9. Train less frequently: The same holds true for those training each body part twice per week. Cut back to once per week every now and then and double up on your volume.
10. Try doing drop sets for stubborn body parts: Sometimes all you need is a kick in a certain area’s butt to get things going again. Use this technique on the last one or two sets of a movement. Perform a set as you would normally do it, then strip some weight off and continue with your reps and you can strip the weight several times before the muscle is toast!
11. Use antagonistic supersets: This is the old technique Arnold used quite often. Superset chest with back, triceps with biceps, and quadriceps with hamstrings. For example; perform a set of bench presses and then without rest move over to pull-ups for a set. Alternate like this until you have completed all of your sets. You will not only save time but you will have a skin-tearing pump!
12. Once per month do an all negative workout: Reap the benefit of this intense technique by utilizing safe, but effective negative training. Have your partner help you up with a weight you cannot normally do for many reps then lower the weight slowly to resist the negative motion. Make sure to use a spotter, but if none is available use unilateral movements such as one-arm preacher curls, one-legged leg press and machine shoulder presses.
13. Rest/pause for the big lifts: This technique is great for the “big lifts” such as bench presses (all angles), leg presses, shoulder presses, and arm curls. Load a bar with a little more weight than you can handle for your normal rep range. Perform a set of 2 to 4 reps then rack the weight for 5 to 15 seconds. Perform 2 to 4 more reps and rack it again. Once more and you are done. One or two series like this is all you need for a particular movement. A smith machine can be your best friend at times like this.
14. Use forced reps sparingly: It is fine to use forced reps on the last couple of reps of your last set, but try not to attempt them on every single set for countless reps. Lift a weight you can handle with good form then after you have met failure have your partner help a little with one or two more reps.
15. Blast through weak points with compound supersets: A compound superset is when two sets are done back to back with different movements but for the same body part. This is a brutal way to “wake up” more muscle fibers to get it to react.
16. Use these intensity techniques sparingly: The last thing you want to do is run into the overtraining state. Use them once per week and one at a time.
17. Hydrate: Drink plenty of water while you train. We lose an enormous amount of fluid during training and it must be replaced if building a better physique is our goal.
18. Set a time limit: Some days you may feel like you drag in the gym. Try to get your whole workout in say an hour. This will prevent you from too much lag time and more productivity while training.
19. Simplify: If you find yourself using every technique in the book, scale back and do straight sets of compound lifts keeping it simple for a few weeks.
20. Take off: Sometimes what everyone needs is a little well-deserved rest away from the gym to help recharge our “batteries.” After a few days away you will be ready to get back at it with a brand new attitude and muscle pump!
Written by CutAndJacked.com specialist writer: Brad Borland, MA, CSCS
The Most Effective Growth Hormone Protocol for Hypertrophy
Would you like it is equipped with an effective method that will get bodybuilders to glance at your with confusion? But, it will then be followed by an utter irritation? Actually, you need to understand that growth hormone will cause the lean body mass to increase.
This is also believed to be highly anabolic. But, it will never ever grow the skeletal muscle tissue.
Introduction to Muscle Growth:
You will first need to understand about hyperplasia, hypertrophy, and anabolism. These are sometimes used interchangeably.
Still, there are some major differences between them. For example, if something is considered to be anabolic, it does not necessarily mean it will cause the growth of the skeletal muscle tissues.
And, only because something is believed to be catabolic, it does not mean that it will not anymore contribute to the growth of the skeletal muscle tissues in a positive way.
Introduction to Anabolism:
Anabolism is defined as a state whereas nitrogen is retained in the lean body mass. This could either be a stimulation of the protein synthesis or the suppressed rate of proteolysis. This is also a term for a possible protein breakdown.
The measurements of the lean body mass include free water and total body in their calculations. The growth hormone is also expected at increasing.
Even if you read a research or a study claiming that lean body mass is increased by the treatment of GH, it is not assumed that it is the same as the skeletal muscle tissue is increased.
Skeletal Muscle is Believed to be Highly Complex:
Skeletal muscle is actually believed to be a highly complex organ. This is also a plastic tissue that could adapt to the changing and functional demands.
With the increase in the mass of the skeletal muscle, it could actually be done by way of 1 or 2 primary mechanisms like hyperplasia or hypertrophy.
What is Hypertrophy?
Hypertrophy is basically defined as a process wherein an increase in the skeletal muscle mass occurs by way of an increase in the size of the cross-sectional area.
The process of hypertrophy is mediated by a lot of factors with an exercise-induced hypertrophy. This also became a special interest to the bodybuilders.
This is also mediated by way of combining muscle damage, metabolic stress, and mechanical tension.
Hormone of Growth and Its Discovery:
It was already past one-hundred years until hormone growth was discovered. It was then later on identified, extracted and isolated from the pituitary gland of humans in the year of 1940. After ten years, a hypothesis was proposed that the GH peptide was not actually what causes growth.
But, it is the group of serum factors that control the GH. Prior to the serum factors, they were considered as the sulfation factors. This is to further indicate that the substances are controlled by the GH. In this hypothesis, it helped researchers in reconciling the growth of somatic glands.
It was actually regulated by a specific substance that is secreted by a pituitary gland. This also simultaneously reinforce that the secreted substance from the pituitary glands did not actually act on the targeted issues that promote growth.
Effective Growth Hormone Protocol for Hypertrophy:
It is recommended to follow an effective growth hormone protocol for hypertrophy. It is required to control the estrogen balance by way of a stack design.
Nevertheless, DHT derivatives will not be useful in preventing aromatization. They are present to increase the androgens that are found in the body. But, they do not increase the estrogen levels.
Long-Acting Insulin Being Suggested:
The idea of following long-acting insulin is quite intriguing like planning on more frequent and multiple than every six to eight hours.
Most will also eat a lot pretty regularly. It does not actually take more insulin in order to re-sensitize the pathways.
In addition to that, it will take a lot of guesswork from the insulin/GH timing protocols. It will also simplify the CHO consumption including the risks of the hypoglycemia that will go down.
But, having an elevated basal insulin level for about twenty-four to thirty-six hours could bring out undesirable effects. Thus, you need to understand that there are certain cons and pros for you to weigh.
Do Some Sort of Self-Experimentation:
It will be a good idea to do some sort of self-experimentation. This is prior to the effective growth hormone protocol for hypertrophy. This way, you will be able to get your own anecdotes.
In some articles, they shed off some light on the reason for the right timing of insulin that will not be actually as important. This is because it related to the direct effects of hypertrophy.
Post-Workout is also More Ideal:
It is also highly considered to follow a post-workout activity. This is even more ideal in order that there will no longer be risks to face when battling hypoglycemia, especially during a particular workout.
It will also be a good idea to use LOG-type insulin for some sort of nutrient shuttling along with a post-workout meal.
Your Blueprint For Building Bigger Shoulders
The old adage remains to be true that shoulders make a man. In this regard, the shoulders are a muscle group that really screams strength and power. You cannot even hide them in a hoodie, jacket, and t-shirt. There is, of course, no one who would want to hide them. That is due to the reason that shoulders were once regarded as a symbol of virility and masculinity for men. They are even included in the wish list of a lot of people. With wider and bigger shoulders, expect that one also has his or her slimmer and smaller waist.
In this article, you will discover and learn more about the blueprint for building bigger shoulders:
Make Delts as a Number One Training Priority:
If you really aim to build bigger shoulders, you will need to work on your muscle group. This will need to be a priority in the entire training for quite a limited time period. In the ten-week period, you will need to work on your shoulders two times a week. Also, include working on every muscle group once.
As long as you devote your energy and time to your shoulders, you will be able to adapt to grow stronger and larger. But, remember that you could only force your shoulders for only quite long. If you will continue this one for over a long time period, you might over-train your muscles. And thus, you might not expect to see the results after. That is the reason why the length of this training is cut short.
10-Week Shoulder Specialization:
You will need to consider in mind shoulder prioritization split. For day 1, you will need to prioritize your shoulders. For day 2, you will have to prioritize your legs. For day 3, you will have to consider in mind the biceps and back. For day 4, focus on triceps and chest. For day 5, you will need to take some rest. For day 6, you will need to focus on your shoulders. For day 7, you need to take some rest.
RELATED ARTICLE:: 18 Week Chin Up & Dip Program for An Impressive Upper Body
Weekly Schedule Giving you a Chance to Make the Fastest Shoulder Gains:
In this weekly schedule, it will give you a chance to make the fastest shoulders gains in just ten weeks. After the heavy workout, you will need to have your body completely rested. It will also be followed by a specific leg workout. This way, your shoulders will be able to recover. As per the 2nd workout, it will, of course, be far more demanding. This is especially true when it comes to recovery and execution.
2 Shoulder Workouts to Try Every Week:
You need to keep in mind that every day, it will begin with a warm-up. That way, your mind, Cand body will be ready for what is ahead on that day.
- Heavy Shoulder Workout
- 2 sets and 20 repetitions of Smith Machine Overhead Shoulder Press
- 2 sets and 15 repetitions of Seated Dumbbell Press
- 8 reps when seated on Side Lateral Raise. Stand and then repeat 8 some more. Add weight while working with the sets.
- 8 reps of cable seated lateral raise. Reduce the weight and do some 8 more.
- 3 sets and 8 reps of Smith Machine Overhead Shoulder Press.
- 5 sets and 10 to 12 repetitions of Reverse Machine Flyes
- Pumping Shoulder Workout
- 4 sets and 10 to 12 repetitions of Power Partials for increasing weight and decreasing weight
- 4 sets and 12 to 15 repetitions Upright Cable Row
- 4 sets of Superset
Essential Tips to Include in this Program
The following are the essential tips to include in this program:
Never Include Direct Front-Delt Work:
There is actually no such thing as anterior-deltoid work. If you will follow any pressing movement, you will expect that the front delts will be worked hard on. To develop an imbalanced shoulder, one will need to develop the front delts, the side delts, and the non-existent rear delts.
More pressing movements will be included in this program in focusing on the front delts. Put more of your effort and energy into the 2 delt heads. That way, you will expect to get bigger and bolder shoulders.
Take Care of the Cuffs:
You will need to work out on your rotator cuffs two times in a week. Cable internal rotation and external rotation exercises will help you to stay strong. These might somehow be tedious to consider in mind. But, it will only take a few minutes to do it.
Better yet, do some back squats with the rotator cuff. You will observe how significant this part of the shoulder. You will improve your shoulders only if you keep the cuff muscle injury-free and strong.
Never Skip Working the Rear Delts:
Never skip working the rear delts. If you really aim for having impressive shoulders, full and round, working on the 3 heads of deltoid muscles is essential. Work them really hard and include them as part of the routines.
Concentrate Further on the Feel and Form of the Lateral Raises:
Later raises are not classified as power movements. They are not also intended for heavyweights. You will need to keep them in mind as something like finesse movements. They are intended to isolate a specific muscle.
Now, if you will make use of momentum and all other muscles just so you could raise the weights, you will not feel the medial deltoids contracting and firing. This is the time that the growth really comes from.
Better yet, live them all explosively. Hold them in just a split-second with pause on top. Control them as much as possible. Lower them down afterward. If you will lift a lot, you will not practice this one. Just go light and just focus on your movement pattern.
The good thing is that there is no one who will ask about it. You need to do the laterals right. They will for sure ask you about the ways you follow on your shoulders!
The Perfect Chest Workout Routine for Power and Strength
If your goal is to build a powerful and big chest, it will help if you follow the perfect chest workout routine in order to avoid wrong repetitions and exercises. You need to remember that with wrong repetitions and exercises, you will eventually lose all your efforts and gain poor results.
Good thing, this article will introduce you to the perfect routine for more hypertrophy, power and strength that you want to achieve from the very beginning.
Some of the Common Issues That Concern Previous Chest Workout
Chest Workout Focuses only on the Middle Part of the Chest
You will notice that one of the common issues in a chest workout is only in focusing on the middle part of the chest. And, mostly all workout enthusiasts will do a dumbbell fly and barbell bench press. One should not only be limited to these equipment’s.
The perfect chest workout routine is something that focuses also on developing each part of the pectorals. In addition to that, the uppermost part of the chest called as pectrolis major must also be worked on completely.
The upper chest must be developed completely to be able to notice something in your body. This will also give people the impression that you have a bigger chest.
Huge Chests are Developed Just by the Use of High Reps and Pec Flys Machines
When you work on your upper chest, you will look so awesome upon wearing V-neck. Other people also believed that huge chests are mainly developed through the consistent use of high repetitions and pec flys machines. This is not always the case.
Below are the ways to consider in mind for a chest workout routine.
Begin with the Right Mindset
In almost any endeavor that one chooses to enter in, it will always be essential to have the right mindset. This fuels the success of the workout, for instance. As you start to believe having a big chest, thinking of achieving it in the end is also essential. Without the right frame of thinking, it will mostly be difficult for one to reach this goal.
Develop Both Pec Minor and Pec Major
You need to closely understand that it is necessary to develop both pec minor and pec major of your chest. By doing so, you will expect of bringing a dramatic result on strength and aesthetics. You will need to follow a strategic approach when it comes to keeping in mind chest training. This will give you the maximum results as far as development of all sections of the chest is concerned.
Never Forget the Clavicular Pectoralis
Never ever forget working on the Clavicular Pectoralis which can be found in the uppermost part of the chest. If you follow a specific chest workout, you need to emphasize working on this part up to the middle and lower portions.
Follow the Three Rules of Training to Achieve the Perfect Chest Workout
Below are the following rules of training that you need to keep in mind in achieving the perfect chest workout.
Heavy Resistance & Progressive Overload.
You need to specifically work on training the pectorals by means of a heavy resistance & progressive overload. In this regard, you will need to lift heavy equipment’s in three to eight repetitions for chest exercises.
It will help to follow a few simple exercises like barbell with bench press, dumbbells with bench press, barbell with bench press and more. These will all be needed to stimulate your growth and hypertrophy.
You will need to do the bench pressing including chest related exercises to one repetition maximum.
Huge Basic Lifts.
To achieve more power and strength, it will be necessary to focus on compound and huge lifts. Exercises that involved the use of pec flyes and pec dec machines will be effective during the last part of the workout. This will help add extra volume on your chest. But, you should never just focus on them.
If you aim to grow your chest, it will be essential to be committed on exercises that include dumbbell incline press and barbell, dumbbell bench press and barbell and heavy dips. There should be no pec decs and machines unless you already worked well on the heavy press machines.
Full Development of the Chest
You need to completely work on the uppermost part and the lower part of the chest. This is one of the most significant rules when it comes to working the chest. The muscles of the upper chest are most stubborn when it comes to growth. That is why you need to focus on these areas all the time.
As per the estimate, it must be fifty to fifty development of the lower-mid pectoral development of the muscles. The chest workouts can be considered as the best if the lower and upper sections grew equally.
Workout Routine for Chest Perfection
The following are the lists of the workout routine that will promise you with chest perfection:
- Barbell Bench Press. Sets of Four, Repetitions of Five to Eight and Rest Time of Ninety to One-hundred eighty Seconds.
- Weighted Dips. Sets of Four, Repetitions of Eight to Twelve and Rest Time of Two Minutes.
- Barbell Incline Bench Press. Sets of Four, Repetitions of Six to Ten and Rest Time of Ninety Seconds
These are all exercises that you need to follow consistently. There should be no super-sets, drop-sets, tri-sets. Once you try any of these exercises, you will prove that they build your muscles. These will help you to fully focus on what you want to achieve. However, you should save all your effort for the last set of every exercise. If you can do bench press two-hundred twenty-five for five repetitions, do two-hundred five to two-hundred ten for four sets of five.
Add Supplements as Part of your Routine
If you want to jump up your training, you need to mix it with supplements to power up your body. And, this is the only way that will let you to train and then recover more. There are supplements that can be purchased on the market but are only a complete joke. There are still some that utilizes the best ingredients backed by technology and science. That is why you need to take them for the best workout performance!
Steroids2 years ago
5 Best Steroid Cycles for 2018
Steroids5 years ago
Top 9 Best Steroids to Take
Anabolic Steroids1 year ago
Top 10 China Powder Steroid Suppliers
Steroids5 years ago
Workout Routine While On Steroids
Anabolic Steroids1 year ago
5 Best Steroid Cycles for Beginners
Steroids5 years ago
What Are The Best Steroid Brands?
Anabolic Steroids2 years ago
The Best 8 Weeks Testosterone Only Cycle
Steroids4 years ago
How To Protect Liver During Steroid Cycle